musings of a goddazz

Sunday, March 23, 2008

happy easter

This Easter is especially meaningful for me as I feel as if I’ve “risen from the tomb” together with my Lord Jesus. I resolved to surrender more and more to God at the start of Lent, to let Him take greater charge of my life so that I would feel even more free and at peace. No unnecessary stress, no need for worry as even if I am not in control, the Lord is steering my ship to safety.

During Lent, I forked out more time to read the Bible and let God speak to me through His word. I attended stations of the cross to have a glimpse of the Lord’s suffering and through it, His great love for mankind. It was a beautiful time for reflection and through it, I often heard Him speaking to me of His love, assurance and everlasting faithfulness. That I was His beloved child, that there were many great things in store for me, but also that He expected a lot from me with the blessings and gifts I had received from Him.

I stayed away from chocolate during the six weeks of Lent, thinking it was a small and realistic thing to give up. There were many times when the saliva rolled, but thankfully I managed to resist. Staying away from chocolate helped me to remember how fortunate I was, to be able to enjoy the good things in life. And yes, to appreciate these little things, to count every little good thing as a blessing. So it was with great excitement when I bit into my first chocolate treat—a chocolate hot cross bun from Sweet Secrets. Chocolate has never tasted this good and thank God, now I’m enjoying it again! In moderation, of course :P

The Lord’s rising at Easter is also a reflection of my own rising. A rising to greater peace of mind, trust in His divine providence and a happiness that the world cannot give. There is a feeling of lightness, of freedom and an anchor in His spirit. A heart more open and sensitive to the needs of others, a deeper awareness of God’s real and close presence in my life, a weaker attachment to material things (shopping urge has gone down by a notch :)) and a realisation that happiness comes from within. It is not something I need to depend on others to give, but for God to be in the centre of my life, in my heart. And then all things will fall into place. Yes indeed, no sweeter than now is the psalm “The Lord is my shepherd, there is nothing I shall want.” Let me sing, dance and rejoice with you, oh Lord, for I have risen with you :)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home