musings of a goddazz

Sunday, May 04, 2008

what i want for my birthday

Those of you who know me know that I'd rather get you what you really want for your birthday, than engage in some roundabout guessing game. True, surprises are nice (and by all means, do surprise me!), but I don't believe in wasting money on something the receiver might not like.

In true practical fashion, this is goddazz's wishlist for those who care to look:


  • any CD by Stefanie Sun and Lisa Ono (have been wanting to buy their CDs for the longest time but haven't gotten round to doing it)
  • CDs by any other jazz greats, jazz compilations, lounge music or French music (the kind you hear in chi chi la la shops or occasionally, in Delifrance)
  • Corrinne May's 1st 2 albums (I already have The Gift and Beautiful Seed, thanks to 2 sweet people in my life :))
  • a black medium sized handbag that can take me from work to play (not an A4 size document bag; this is really hard to find and I take my hat off to whoever succeeds)
  • an aromatherapy burner, preferably with an unconventional design (e.g. funky), needs to be easy to maintain (not white, no glass that might be smeared with soot or metal that is likely to rust from washing). my guess is earthenware or porcelain will be easiest to clean and maintain, but surprising alternatives are always welcome

* to avoid duplication, please let me know if you're getting me one of the above. Gab has already gotten me the Amelie soundtrack, so I deleted it from the list

Apart from the material, what I really wish for is good health, a greater love of God and others and the result, a peace that permeates the soul, radiates from the heart and an anchor that will not be shaken when storms come. Happy birthday on the way!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home