musings of a goddazz

Monday, November 28, 2005

The Beautiful People at Giordano

There's been alot of talk lately about how to improve the really pathetic service standards in Singapore. In relation to this topic, I'd like to commend the beautiful people at Giordano who are eternally smiley, helpful and just a joy to be around. It's as if every Giordano salesgirl/boy has popped a 'happy' pill before they start work. I'm always greeted with a smile and "can I help you with anything", and mind you it's not said in a resigned, obligatory tone, but in a really sincere way. That's what I like about Giordano staff. They're REAL, they love their job and they really just want to help you get the right clothes.

Yesterday I popped in to the Junction 8 outlet and was greeted by the same two smiley girls who've served me before. I have to say that they're both quite good-looking and their cheeriness is infectious so they can make you (especially if you're a guy) buy something even if you're not planning on spending any money. I bought a white T-shirt that was worth $14, but one of the salesgirls gave me a discount, so I ended up paying $11.90 instead. I asked her "why so good give me discount". She smiled shyly and said, "Oh nothing lah, I always see you here mah." I protested, saying I haven't bought that many things from this particular outlet. Then she blushed and said: "Oh, we (her and another salesgirl) just like you very much because we find you very pretty lah. We are also human you know." When I heard that, I beamed from ear to ear and blushed with the reply: "Aiyah, I have bad skin." She smiled and said: "No lah, still very pretty!" Wow, so I AM pretty despite having zitty skin. That's certainly boosted my esteem by a mile especially since my 5-year battle with acne has always been a thorn in my flesh.

The above episode serves to reinforce what is already common knowledge: good-looking people more often have it their way. But I believe that no matter how you look, Giordano staff will be nice to you under most circumstances. Kudos to the management for training your staff well. They deserve to be Singapore's good service ambassadors. Giordano, you're my friend always. But my favourite is still the sweet and pretty girl at the Junction 8 outlet who made my day :)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger sudahSayang said…

    ah my sweet goddazz... whisk me away to shop by your side! Let me bask in the gentle golden trails of your glorious magical happy fairy dust :)

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger goddazz said…

    who are you, sudahsayang? reveal your identity then i can exercise my magic!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home