musings of a goddazz

Monday, October 24, 2005

Pining For New York

Yes I am pining for New York. I visited one of the world's most amazing cities during the first two weeks of October and boy, it was the greatest escapade I've ever had. A great escape from the monotony and meaningless existence of the office, from the familiar (and therefore sometimes boring) surroundings of home, from the damned humidity. From it all.

No wonder people say it's hardest to return to the office after a long holiday. You don't feel like working one bit. Now I know how it feels. It's just a bad time to work now. We're up to our necks with work, short-handed and just not in the best of spirits. In other words, morale is low. But we trudge on. And everything's made harder by me missing New York.

Every morning when I wake up, I think of nothing but delicious (albeit chewy) New York bagels with a heap of cream cheese. I can't stop thinking of this magical city, even though it isn't particularly charming. I miss the vibe, the buzz, the flashing neon billboards in Times Square, the Disney-like Hershey's store, the grimy subway, seeing ladies walk around in boots, the museums. I'm definitely going back. I just don't know when. But I'm glad my boyfriend is equally New York crazy, so I'm sure we'll get our act together and maybe I'll get to see my beloved Big Apple soon.

Till then, I'm in denial and doing things that will make me think I'm in New York. Last Friday I went to NYDC and this week I'm going to have great pizza. Just to get a tiny bite of the Big Apple.

Somebody tell me where to find great bagels in Singapore, and all things New York!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home