musings of a goddazz

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Sick

I'm down with a virus attack. A sign of working too hard. Can you believe I was so delighted to be declared sick by the doctor yesterday night? Brilliant! An MC to force me to vegetate at home and stay away from the office.

It's been tough. A colleague just left and most of her work has been handed over to me. Worse, I don't know when a replacement is going to come in, which means I have to tahan the extra workload for an indefinite period. I'm very tired, I've been staying late, I've been harassed by phone calls and emails to help others with this and that. I really just want to get away from it all. I feel like quitting sometimes.

God, help me to tide over this difficult period. To find meaning in my work, to not complain about the mountain that sits on my table, to not get so easily overwhelmed, to not bring my unhappiness back home, to not let it affect my weekend. Help me to find you in the chaos, to remember you are still with me through the encouraging words of my friends. Help me to get well soon, to be renewed by your divine strength, and to get up and going with the power of your spirit. Help me, oh God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home