musings of a goddazz

Friday, June 24, 2005

Mango Madness!

This week I have visited Mango four times. Yes, no kidding. I'm no die-hard Mango fan but the Mango sale begins this week and my crazy colleagues have influenced me, so fortunately (or unfortunately) there's no turning back. Three of us went to chope clothes on Monday at the Wisma outlet, only to go to the Raffles City one on Tuesday to chope some more. Yes, smart shoppers know that different outlets have different clothes. Choping means that you get to choose what you really want before the sale so that you don't have to jostle with the rest of the crowd during the sale. The wonderful thing, though, is that after finding out the discount on the first day of the sale, one can decide whether or not one wants to buy the choped item. Yes they do not force you to buy!

Today we split ourselves into two teams and headed separately to the two outlets during lunch. It was utter madness with clothes stacked like sardines, thrown all over the floor and girls changing in front of mirrors. I purposely wore a tight-fitting top and skirt that allowed me to try clothes in front of the mirror. In addition to the clothes I had reserved earlier, I picked out another skirt. Even after the mad rush during lunch, we still hadn't had enough. We decided to head for the Shaw outlet after work in my colleague's car.

It was even crazier at Shaw with people queueing to get into the outlet and with staff sealing customers' belongings in big plastic bags to prevent people from shoplifting. My colleague helped me to grab a red top I was eyeing and once that was done, I hastily made my exit. Enough heat from the lights and warm bodies and enough blasting music for the day! All in all, I bought two tops and two skirts and am very happy with my purchases. Mango's got some really good deals when they run a sale and it's no wonder that makes all the girls go crazy. Too bad I didn't see anyone stripping down to their underwear though, heheh. I heard that happened last year. Thankfully, this time people were quite disciplined and didn't push, though I sensed frustration in the overworked staff's voices as they kept shouting 'excuse me'.

Hopefully my exciting episode at Mango marks the end of my Great Singapore Sale shopping spree. By this time I've spent so much that I'm afraid of shopping! Better save up for my trip to NY in Sept. That's gonna cost me more than a month's salary but heck. Pleasure above savings for the moment ;p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home