musings of a goddazz

Monday, May 23, 2005

A Girl's Day

I woke up early today at 6.45. I love waking up early cos it means I have the whole morning to play with, and yes, to read the newspapers, which I always have little time for. Attended a wonderful mass at the Cathedral of the Good Shepherd (the choir there rocks!) with a good friend and after that we went window shopping which turned into ACTUAL shopping, oops! Some more the Great S'pore Sale isn't here yet. But I got a pretty good deal. Two pairs of olive green pants from U2 at 25% off. Why two? Because one has a glossy sheen and cool belt and the other, a gorgeous ribbon scarf that goes around the waist, the colour of which goes very well with the matt olive green. Ok I know I sound frivolous, but if you see them on me, you'll understand why I got them! Also bought a totally funky tee with a hot pink background and women on it that look like the characters on Delifrance's plastic bags. Was smiling from ear to ear after the buys. The wonders of retail therapy (especially if the purchase is unexpected)! It's like blood shooting all over inside my body and the effect is a nice glowy feeling that can show up as pinkness on cheeks. I wonder when I will ever tire of shopping... Can picture you the reader tsk tsk tsking and muttering 'oh how frivolous!', heheh.

In the evening I cooked up a feast with a friend at home. Herbed chicken with grape sauce, a recipe from Today. Grapes and chicken may sound gross to you, but the dish can actually pass off as some atas French main course from a coffeehouse! We ate like dogs (it was SOOOO delicious!) and watched The Divorce. Average movie but light-hearted and funny enough for a lovely girl's night. This won't be the last ;p Am already thinking I should do steak for the next cookout session.

Aspiring cooks out there: Today's got some really SWELL recipes. If you can whip up something that tastes like it comes out of a restaurant, then it must be really gd! Trust me the foodie :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home