musings of a goddazz

Monday, June 20, 2005

Yoshinoya Sucks!

Yoshinoya's food is nothing to shout about. But I was craving for a Japanese rice bowl last Sunday and thought heck, just give it a try and see if it has pulled up its socks ever since the last time I ate there. True to my expectations, it hadn't.

I have no personal agenda against Yoshinoya but have always wondered how it can claim to be Japan's number one beef bowl when its beef lacks fragrance, its vegetables are tasteless, its miso soup is powdery and tastes worse than the instant kind and its teriyaki chicken is inauthentic. And no I'm not saying this because I am a picky gourmet foodie. I may enjoy good food but I am definitely not atas when it comes to eating.

But seriously, this is the sad state of Yoshinoya and I have always remembered it to be so. It wouldn't be so sad if it did not claim to be Japan's number one beef bowl but to do so and not live up to its name is literally shooting itself in the foot. Doesn't matter if it prides itself on clean interiors and a hip, modern ambience. The food just doesn't measure up. I really wonder what a Japanese would think of Yoshinoya after trying the food there.

Like many other eateries, Yoshinoya has feedback forms for customers. I filled up one expressing my opinions as expressed above and left my email address. The feedback forms are addressed to Yoshinoya's general manager. I'm still waiting for him/her to contact me and convince me that I should continue to support Japan's number one beef bowl. Till then, this beef bowl and the campaign accompanying it will remain a joke at Yoshinoya's own expense. How's that for laughs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home