musings of a goddazz

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Great Way to Start the New Year

Today I had a great time. I had finished a report that was a month overdue yesterday in only two hours, much faster than I expected. I celebrated with a Cornetto and went to bed at 2am this morning after a sugar high. I got up at 10 and left the house early to grab good tickets for The Chronicles of Narnia. After getting us good seats, I went to Osmose to punch two extra holes in a belt, wore it and met Diana at the Taka taxi stand. We stepped into one of her favourite shoe shops, On Pedder, and she bought a pair of Helmut Lang snakeskin heels at half price. That's Diana, forever shoe crazy. I aspire to be like this woman one day when my pay multiplies by four, haha. When my shoe collection expands beyond the current 19 pairs and when I get my own place next time, I will get a huge cabinet just to store all my beauties :)

Lunch was at the Mezzanine at Hyatt, a decadent treat from Diana. We had each a bowl of shellfish bisque with cognac and prawns and shared a roasted whole fish with herbs and olive oil as well as a lightly stir fried spinach salad with raisins and pine nuts. Absolutely delicious! The bread we had was perfect as well. I'm definitely coming back again to treat someone special. Love the atmosphere too. Utter luxury. Thank you so much Diana, you're the best!

After lunch we walked around a bit before the movie. And of course I forgave McDonald's (see earlier post "I forgave McDonald's today") by buying a cup of tea to bring in to the cinema. Narnia is a great movie, both for kids and adults. I really loved the music, scenery, battle scene and the little girl Lucy. Tilda Swinton rocks too as the White Witch. There were many emotional moments too and I teared at those. Great acting and pacing. And of course, good values such as honour, sacrifice, love and loyalty pervade and give the movie added depth. I'd give Narnia 4 stars. And since Diana says the book is good, I think I will read it. Can anyone who has the series lend it to me? This is one way to spend less, one of my New Year resolutions, hee.

Am looking forward to watching Memoirs of A Geisha with Diana and more decadent meals and shopping! Thank you dear for introducing me to Kiehl's and Mac's Lip Glass in Viva Glam 5. Now I need more money to fuel my materialistic desires (and genuine health and aesthetic NEEDS)! For now, I really should stay away from the shops and try to eat cheap lunches, at least till the ang pau money comes in. Hurry up now, Chinese New Year!

But yes, what a wonderful way to start the New Year. Tomorrow it's back to the corporate world. But at least I'll step into the office cheerful and full of optimism. I just hope that no one dampens my spirits this week. I believe I'll survive it. If anything bad happens, at least I'll have nice new clothes to wear, heh. It'll be good :)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey goddazz, I am a dinosaur at blogging, so not sure if you will get this message even though it's a reply to an old blog.

    I have the whole set of chronicles. Unfortunately, a friend has it. If you don't mind waiting, will pass that to you when she's done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home