musings of a goddazz

Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Breakup, A New Beginning...

After three long years, I'm single again. Boy and I decided to split yesterday after a good heart-to-heart discussion. There were tears, but not as many as I thought there would be. There was some sadness, but more relief and peace at the soundness of our decision. We decided that we were still young and needed to meet more people in order to be surer of what we want in a life partner, and in life. I'm glad we parted as good friends who love each other dearly and who can feel comfortable having a chat or just joking about things common to us both.

I never thought a breakup could be this smooth-sailing. After all, three years is a long time and we did share many beautiful moments together and in the process, learnt so much more about ourselves. It still feels a little surreal but I'm slowly easing into singlehood and finding it very refreshing. It's like a big load is off my shoulders and I don't have to worry about how much money to save for a wedding or a house, how much I need to grow up, how much more responsible I need to be, etc. Right now I'm just looking forward to making new friends, doing new things, strengthening my existing friendships, travelling to new places, even contemplating a career switch... I'm excited about starting this new journey and so is Boy.

My first day of singlehood was carefree and very enjoyable. I met an old friend for lunch, visited DFS for the first time (my, didn't know the ground floor is so touristy!), tried on lip gloss about 12 times before buying one from Stila and celebrated with a cool gelato treat. We decided to watch The Marriage of Figaro by the Singapore Lyric Opera since we have never been to an opera. The Marriage of Figaro is incidentally one of the most performed operas. Hopefully it'll be comprehensible and an enjoyable experience. We also discussed the possibility of going to the US / Canada / Korea / Japan next year. Terribly excited about this and hope it comes true. It'll be another adventure, albeit different from our thrilling escapade to the Big Apple, which we miss terribly. We both suffer from severe bagel and cream cheese withdrawal symptoms. Are there really no good bagels in Singapore? I am afraid I have to believe so, unless someone knows better and is willing to enlighten us.

Boy, I trust you are feeling as good as I am. I wish you all the best and thank you for the past four years too. If I had the choice to turn back time, I wouldn't have wanted things to be different. Now, let us live life to the full and embrace adventure, excitement and all the things we stand for. Now is the time. Carpe diem and bon voyage!

Boy's breakup post

1 Comments:

  • At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I need bagels... esp those with salmon cream cheese *drool*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home